Saturday, 22 September 2012

Jewel Floats

With so much work recently, finishing up Boys' Knits over the past Spring and now toiling away on the follow up accessories book, I forgot how much fun designing something spontaneous is. Working with this yarn [Lorna's Laces multi] I really wanted to highlight its variegation, make it the feature of the fabric. The array of colours that is put into a single skein is simply mind boggling and although I have worked with Lorna's Laces yarns in the past I was always a little wary of their Multi range up until now. Just didn't trust myself to do justice to the yarn. 

Enter Jewel Floats! This hat is designed with a vibrantly variegated yarn in mind and I love how the floats carry the iridescence of the yarn. Still I think it would look great in a more subtle colour too.

The pattern is now available here or on Ravelry.

No comments:

Post a Comment